Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balasinde

re: Freebie & Sales, Begin c. 09/03/2015.

Dear Kinnies:

It's that time again! I tried to list the news in order of importance, but that's just my opinion.

First off, we are having the Farmer's Faire at least in the Shire, as I haven't ventured too far out into what Bilbo Baggins would perhaps have referred to "the wild world" prior to his marvelous adventures!

Farmer's Faire lasts pretty amazingly longer than that "Digging for Treasure" situation that seemed like only three or four days. I hoped I could combine my three Character's Treasure Tokens for at least some bauble, but no. Perhaps another time. Until then, I guess I can put them in the junk drawer at my Personal House in the Bree-Lands!

This week's Freebie, from Th., 09/03/2015 until 09/10/2015 is + 5% Attack Damage (90 min)

Coupon Code: P5AT1 (Paul-Five-Anne-Thomas-One, it's a little hard to read). Please make sure you know how to use Coupon Codes. A helpful hint is to only order the freebie by itself, with no other purchases, and also never buy it with Insta-Purchase!

My experience has been that it's sometimes tough to find "+5%" type things using the LOTRO in-game Store for some reason.

Freebie: Highly Recommended. This freebie is especially useful during Skirmishes, Instances, and other times when you need a little "umph" to your attacks over a long period of time (an hour and a half!). But, since it is a freebie, you don't have to feel like you wasted anything.

Other sales relate to "Legendary" things. I am of way too low a level to even purchase that stuff, so I won't mention it.

OK, something a little confusing, but perhaps helpful.

The "Grand and Glorious" Pile-Up Points "Deal" (or, if you prefer, "Gimmick.") For ease of use, I call "Turbine Points" the silly nickname of "TP," not to be confused with "toilet paper." 

Pile-Up Point works like this: You get double the BONUS POINTS that the Turbine Company sells. NOT double the entire amount of points, as it might seem at first!! Be that as it may, I'll list the details below.

For $7.99 (cash money, mind you), you get "base" TP500. The typical "bonus points" are TP100, the "double bonus points" are TP200. So, for $7.99, you receive a total of TP700, rather than the usual TP600. So, about 100 Turbine Points more.

I'll put the list now:

Cost $7.99, Base TP500 + Sale TP200 = Total TP700. (About TP88 per dollar.)

Cost $19.99, Base TP1,250 + Sale TP700 = Total TP1,950. (About TP98 per dollar.)

Cost $34.99, Base TP2,200 + Sale TP1,900 = Total TP4,100. (About TP117 per dollar.)

Cost $59.99, Base TP3,750 + Sale TP5,100 = Total TP8,850. (About T148 per dollar.)

If you're the kind of person that "puts it all on red" at Roulette, and want to spend more than $59.99, you can look up www.lotro.com.

From time to time, I've been really tempted to spend $59.99 to get "all them shiny Turbine Points!!" But realistically, that's a LOT of money, friends. A whole lot of money!

If for some reason you were inclined to make heavy in-game LOTRO purchases, such as Mithril Coins, clothing items, etc., then the absolute highest level to spend for Turbine Points would be $34.99. This is REAL CASH MONEY! I can't emphasize that enough. You can buy a lot of quality Steam games for around $19.99, and they have Summer and Winter Sales where game prices are heavily knocked down.

The difference between $34.99 and $19.99 is $15.00. That amount would surely be very helpful and welcome to support our Kinship, The Reflections of the Light, website. Hosting this website is not free, and from my long Internet experience, this is a very high-quality, updated, and heavily utilized website experience.

In other words, Kinnies, I'm trying to say: Don't be foolish with your cash money like I did when I spent $59.99 thinking I was gonna get "double all my Turbine Points" (around TP12,600).

Yours,

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

re: Freebie & Sales, Begin c. 09/03/2015.

Thanks for the updated, Bala, & the explanations with them.

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Maximar333

re: Re: Freebie & Sales, Begin c. 09/03/2015.

Thanks for the great updates, Bala!

While $60 (or more) for the larger Turbine Point bundles is certainly a lot of money, if anyone ever wanted to get something that approximated the Lifetime Membership available back at Shadows of Angmar launch, now is definitely the time. The trick is not to fritter your Turbine Points away on cosmetic outfits, mounts and single-character perks.  Go for the account-wide unlocks - particularly quest packs.  Some of my personal favorites:

• Eriador Bundle (3,995 TP): Unlocks ALL the quests pack in the Eriador region (North Downs, Trollshaws, Evendim, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, Enedwaith and Eregion).  During this sale, you can pick it up for $34.99 and have a couple hundred points left over.  You're looking at months of content there for all of your current and future characters.
  • Premium Wallet (995TP): This feature is a significantly better value than bag slot expansions.  Almost all of your various tokens and other barter items will go into the wallet.  The 5th and 6th inventory bags cost the same price as the wallet, but only provide 15 extra slots.  The wallet has no limit to the number of different barter items it can hold.  During this sale, buy the $20 point pack, get the wallet and you'll have about 1,000 points left over.
  • Skirmish Bundle: Attack and Destroy (475TP) and Skirmish Bundle: Defend and Hold (625TP): You'll get 7 very fun skirmishes between those two packs, providing a good selection of scalable content.  Although if you've already bought the Eriador Bundle, you're going to have more content than you can shake a stick at.  During this sale, buy the $20 point pack and you can buy the Premium Wallet and one of these skirmish bundles, then earn a little over 100 TP in-game to buy the other.
  • Crafting Guild Access: Each guild is 295TP each.  You could feasibly unlock each as-needed by grinding Turbine Points from deeds, but for the price of a burger, fries and drink at a fast food joint you could unlock two guild with a small pile of points left over.
  • West/Central/East Gondor Quest Packs (795TP each): This is where the action is currently at.  East Gondor also includes three instances (currently considered to be the "end game" activities), so if you're tight on cash then drop $8 on the smallest TP bundle during this sale and make up the difference by grinding a few deeds. 

I consider most of the other account-wide unlocks (character slots, outfit slots, auction house slots, shared storage/wardrobe upgrades, monster-play classes and non-expansion quest packs ) to be "as needed".  Purchase them a la carte as/if you see fit.

Per-character perks and cosmetic items are very low priority in my book.  (Yes, I have a lot of them.  But that's because I'm getting handed 500TP for free every month and have nothing else worthwhile to spend them on.  Yeah, I know.  "First World Problems.")  But seriously, treat each Turbine Point as a penny (or every 100 points as a dollar) and really ask yourself if having a second milestone skills is worth $3.50, if an outfit is worth up to $10 or more, or if your horse riding 20% faster is worth $20.

In my not-so-humble-opinion, "content is king" -- quest packs are priority one and definitely worth every Turbine Point you spend for them.  Account-wide unlocks are generally a good deal since they benefit every character -- present and future.  And per-character perks should be looked at suspiciously.  Definitely take advantage of these TP sales when they come around, if your personal finances offer you such a luxury.

Keep it all in perspective too.  During this sale, an extra $15 can take you from a mere 1,950TP to a whopping 4,100TP.  $15 is the cost of a movie ticket and popcorn.  A movie ticket and popcorn is going to give you 2 hours of entertainment.  An extra 2,000TP could easily provide weeks or even months of entertainment for you, as well as continuing to support the folks at Turbine -- who are providing this fantastic game FOR FREE to us.  Just make sure you spend your points wisely.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: