Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myladoc
Officer

re: Elder Scrolls Onine dropping monthly fee in June

According to something I read a day or two ago Elder Scrolls in dropping their monthly fee.  They aren't going free to play exactly.  I guess it might be closer to Guild Wars where you purchase the game but then there is no monthly fee.  However, there will be convenience things for sale.  There wasn't a lot of details.  Here is the link:  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/21/the-elder-scrolls-online-drops-subscription-fee-console-release-in-june.aspx

I'm pretty excited about this.  I tried it during the beta and enjoyed it but didn't want to pick up a monthly fee game so I didn't buy it. 

Rachel O.

I saw this too.  ESO is one of those games I'd be interested in playing, but I just don't have time to play the ones I'm in now!  Maybe in a couple of years.

Curandil
Officer

There are also several articles on Massively about the announcement.  There is a pretty good FAQ on the TESO website support page, as well.  I did buy the game and played for awhile, but didn't enjoy it enough to keep up the subscription fee.  I'll probably log in to check out the changes they have made after the subscription requirement drops.

Curathorn - Beorning, Curulindil - Man Minstrel, Curadoc - Hobbit Burglar, Norstrom - Dwarf Guardian, Nimring - Elf Champion, Ethrendil - Man Captain, Curavar - Dwarf Rune-keeper Curabanker - Hobbit Warden/Bank Guard
''...speak to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music to the Lord in your heart" Ephesians 5:19
Kinsanth: You can take the hunter out of whatever, but not the hunter out of blah blah blah.
"Be not so eager to advance that you fail to experience the moment, in life and in all things." - Deluros, Rivendell
Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Oh let us know what you think Cura!  Myla has been talking about it a good bit.  I feel the same as Lil right now... plus, when my strategy itch kicks in, Siv space... ho, fun!  ....just not enough time in the day. :P

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Myladoc
Officer

I completely understand/relate to that, Lil.  Happy

Yep, I too definatley plan on atleast checking it out when this happens, Cura. Happy

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Oh let us know what you think Cura!  Myla has been talking about it a good bit.  I feel the same as Lil right now... plus, when my strategy itch kicks in, Siv space... ho, fun!  ....just not enough time in the day. :P

Limmerien
Officer

Interesting, thanks for the info!

I took the plunge and bought ESO after the welcome back weekend.  Do we have a guild over there or is anyone playing atm?

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Hmm... I'm not sure.  We had a problem updating it to try. :(

I think cura was playing for a while & when it first came out we (Myla, kids & I) had started a kin...I think.

Myladoc
Officer

I tried to try it but for some reason my launcher just kept validating the files once the download was done and trying to reacquire them.  After the second round of this I gave up.  :\

I'd like to give it a try on the pc but I may have to go with the console version. 

Curandil
Officer

FYI, I just started a Reflections of the Light guild in the Aldmeri Dominion.  So now we do have a guild :)  This was in response to discussions on Facebook.  AD seemed to be where more people had characters.  I may have been a little impulsive, but it's done.

Curathorn - Beorning, Curulindil - Man Minstrel, Curadoc - Hobbit Burglar, Norstrom - Dwarf Guardian, Nimring - Elf Champion, Ethrendil - Man Captain, Curavar - Dwarf Rune-keeper Curabanker - Hobbit Warden/Bank Guard
''...speak to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music to the Lord in your heart" Ephesians 5:19
Kinsanth: You can take the hunter out of whatever, but not the hunter out of blah blah blah.
"Be not so eager to advance that you fail to experience the moment, in life and in all things." - Deluros, Rivendell
Limmerien
Officer

Curandil wrote:

FYI, I just started a Reflections of the Light guild in the Aldmeri Dominion.  So now we do have a guild :)  This was in response to discussions on Facebook.  AD seemed to be where more people had characters.  I may have been a little impulsive, but it's done.

Yay for impulsivity! :)

Agreed! :)

Are ya really enjoying it?  Does the f2p set up there have a lot of restrictions?

Curandil
Officer

I am really enjoying it.  The main restriction is slower leveling, both for character levels and skill levels.  Plus, subscribers get a monthly allotment of crowns for the store.  Nothing game-breaking

Myladoc
Officer

That sounds pretty good, Cura.  I wish I could get the pc version working.  I downloaded the installer during the free weekend and it worked fine up to the point I tried to actually play/launch the game.  It wanted to check the file integrity and then redownload everything again afterwards.  I allowed it the first time but after it repeated the whole process I gave up. hehe

I know there were several folks on the Elder scrolls forums and steam forums experiencing the same problem.  I'm going to check back to see if maybe it got fixed.  :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: