Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo Pic Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lsuman
Council

re: Costume Contest: October

I wanted to start a contest to inspire everyone to create new outfits! Hopefully, this will be a monthly thing.

For the theme of this one, we are kicking off with....Non-LotR inspired outfits! I know it seems counter-intuitive to start a costume contest in a LotR game with non-LotR outfits, but it's October! Halloween time! The point of trick-or-treating is to dress up as something you're not, so I'm going to put that into LotRO! Whether it be a superhero-inspired costume or a costume from another fairy tale, it must be from non-Middle-Earth! One last rule: I don't want to just see a pic of your outfit from the character log, I want to see your outfit in action!

Points will be awarded for:

Originality/Creativity

Inspiration/Background

Appearance/Details

Picture of the Outfit in Action

Bonus points: Cosmetic held items

You have until the end of October to post your outfits into this thread! I also encourage you to post all outfits in the Outfits Unlimited thread. Winner will receive...something... I'm not sure yet about the prizes, but I'll come up with something!

Great idea!!! 8D This will be so much fun! :D

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Limmerien
Officer

Great idea! Can't wait to see what everybody comes up with! :)

Well, I created this outfit for inspiration and an example of what I'm looking for. I put this outfit on my lore master because, how awesome is it to throw fireballs at your enemies in an Iron Man suit!?!

Iron Man flying above Bree!

Iron Man shooting lasers! (Please note, laser was added in paint)

Hahaha.  That's great, Lsu! :D

Limmerien
Officer

Haha, awesome! :)

Mirror, Mirror on the wall..... errr table... and well, the hair's not black & the dress is gold, but, she's a pretty fair hobbit!  :P

I love how you can actually see her reflection.  So impressive!

Trick or Treat.... depends on if you own the egg..... This hobbit better behave.... Christmas is coming! ;)

Lsuman
Council

And the winner is.....Josc's Mirror, Mirror! I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the participation, but hey, it's the first one and the category was hard. As winner, Josc gets to pick the category for November! (If you want to judge too, you can. Otherwise I'll judge and start the new thread once you let me know)

Ha!  Thanks! Lsu!  Too bad you couldn't have picked your own. Pretty impressive. 

How about we stick to a classic? Nov. contest: "Plenty to be thankful for!"

i.e. something you are thankful for in the game, or something like, food... that basket of apples on the arm... Isengard in ruins... anything. :)

ps. Sorry, Lsu, I meant to get a newsletter out the last week of the contest, & remind folks of it & rl stuff got in the way.  Hope this next one goes better.  And, I'll judge & give you a chance to win.  ;)

BountyRooster
Officer

I missed last months contest.

I got this shot with my girls and I on the bridge outside of Bree. The girls are wearing a Boar-Head Festival mask that Josc gave us, Frostbluff Dress of Thanks and The Swan-Cloak. One of the polar bears were also a gift from Josc. TY :). My youngest likes yellow and my oldest likes blue. My toon in the middle is wearing Light Nadhin Hood, Tattered Robe of the Dunland Sage and the Swan-Cloak

I'm Thankful for my family and that the girls like to play Lotro with me. Also for this Kin and the giving of the Love of Christ. Thank you all :)

Wow this is really bigger then I thought it would be. What size do you use when you post pics?

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

That's great!  Thanks for posting the pic!  I was looking forward to meeting them. :) It's so great to get to play with your family!  Oh, if you go to the lone lands & get rep there the tokens can be bartered for a great looking staff... I think they would really like it. Fun to now have cosmetic weapons now, too. :D

I edited & resized your pic. It's fairly easy (at least the way I do it). When your pic is greyish (click it if it's not) these squares on each corner of the pic show & you just click & slide it till it's some where in the ...lower 700s range for the wide part. I don't usually pay attention to the other number. Taking the corner makes it proportional.  :)

Ha, you could be the 3 sisters, like the quest :)  with pet bears.. :D

Great family pic!!!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo Pic Fun All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: