Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo Pic Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Joscelyn Joy
Officer

re: Outfits Unlimited!

Summer Outfit :D 

This is one that I've never seen anyone else wear. It is pretty bright. Ha!  Nice for festival fun, though :P

It's the Anniversary Robe in ...orange. and the Summer (I don't remember the rest of the name) cloak.

Cath convinced Snap to run CD... and she found this new outfit. :D  HA... & she was wanting to find that pretty staff that Cath was showing. :P Still blue is cool & it goes nicely with the cloak & hat she already had. :D

And, Joscthellion had to find an outfit that went with her great steed of the New Bloom..

The cloak is one from ages ago that was maybe a part of getting the first expansion or something like that... sometime recently it became dye able. A tattered hat in navy, dusty leather boots, fine shoulders of the grey company & the first or second beorn outfit gotten with questing, all in forest green complete the look.

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Balasinde

Is the site up where it tells you the name and how to find those outfits (or parts of them)? Many looks really, really cool. My Elf Hunter is wearing a Cloak of the Men of Bree, and I think it cannot be recolored. However, I happened to have what I thought was a green hauberk. When I mouse over it, the hauberk says it is Turquoise. I have used the "Glamour Girl" Color Closet (if you even know what a "Glamour Girl" was, showing my age there), but it seems there might be just a slight recoloring that wouldn't be distracting or else applying a dye might recolor a section of a shirt, etc., so there isn't much sense is using it for that particular shirt.

On some quests, my pal used to say, "Just get the most expensive thing [from the quest-giver]" (such as a shield, even if I couldn't use one), and then pocket the money. I've lately found myself accepting apparel (to sound sophisticated) that I could wear (so not heavy armor, guys!). just to see if I might like how a shirt, pants, cloak, etc., would look. I might not make US$1,000,000.00 in Middle-Earth, but as it says in The Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins had whole rooms devoted just for clothes!

Balasinde

I can't wait for the Summer Festival. I've only been to two of the Festivals, but didn't really know what I was doing other than collecting snowflakes, tokens, leaves, or something, and thought they expired when the festival ended. I didn't want to "buy junk," but also didn't want to "lose money (or leaves nor snowflakes). It seems like you can hold onto your leaves and snowflakes, but that each Festival might have it's own special items for the year. The best thing that happened to me during this past Spring Festival was meeting Joscelyn Joy! I saw her running around killing shrews and liked the name of her Kinship and asked her about it and... "Frodo, do you still have my Ring I let you borrow?"

Balasinde

I was able to find some of the outfits and had some comments & questions about them because the ones I wrote about really interested me a ton. Something I'm not sure of can be phrased a bunch of ways: "unisex," "gender-specific," "conforms to the body," etc. A player, I think "LSU," had two outfits that are incredible (9 out of 10 Stars). They are GONDORIAN KNIGHT and WARDEN OUTFIT. The Gondorian Knight outfit seems suitable for the Free Peoples of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves. Men in the (navy?) blue color (or "as-is" in the picture), while Elves could be arrayed in almost any shade of purple from lilac to dark royal, and also darker shades or red, such as crimson, burgundy, or wine. Mauve isn't totally out of the question, either.

My comment about LSU's red Warden Outfit was what some kids use: "wicked." Depending on your "era," that corresponds to cool, hot, tubular, keen, mellow, chill, phat, or groovy. I play as a male Elf Hunter. I could easily imagine arming myself for the experience of Total War in this outfit. "There never was much hope, really. Just a fool's hope." (9 out of 10 Stars.)

The next outfit I like from LSU Collections is that of the mesmerizing LOREMASTER OUTFIT. I can imagine the heady fragrance of incense wafting behind him. "You have the gift of Foresight. Tell me what you have seen." This personally wouldn't suit my Elf Hunter, so I would give it a score of 8 out of 10 Stars. It is definitely highly detailed and creative, and if you are a Loremaster, or even excel in Scholarship, this might be absolutely perfect for you.

The final outfit from the LSU Collection I want to direct your attention to is that of BLUE BURG. This cunning and capable style allows one to move with speed and stealth while avoiding any unwanted attention or hint of impropriety. As an Elf Hunter that unsuccessfully tried to "dress all in black," I prefer what I see of Blue Burg much, much more. However, there is something that seems to be an odd mismatch: he seems to be wearing a backpack with gold in it? I'm not sure the importance or significance of that is, but unfortunately affects the overall score. Blue Burg is 8 out of 10 Stars.

Note: My Rating System is quite nuanced. I was going to type it out, but it is easier to chart:

1. Outright Failure.

2. Must Improve.

3. Needs Significant Improvement.

4. Does Not Meet Expectations. Needs Improvement. (In school, a "D.")

5. Middling. (In school, a "C."); in some cases it also means "Does Not Apply."

6.  Meets Expectations.

7. Recognized. (In school, a "B.")

8. Significant Attention to Detail with Proper Care and Consideration. (In school, an "A +.")

9. Exceeds Expectations in All Areas. Exemplary.

10. (Intentionally Left Blank.)

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Yea! Summer fest is up now. :D

I agree, Lsu has some great outfits!  I'm looking forward to seeing the weapons & shield cosmetics with outfits as well. ;)

If you need some dyes, my scholar has tried to get a stock of most of them, so just ask. You may notice as you try different things, that they reflect the initial color, in that if it was dark to begin with the dyes will dye darker than usual. That kinda reflects the way it is in rl. I have an outfit on one of my rune keepers that uses, violet, indigo & purple dyes to make the outfit look closest to the same color. Kinda a fun element in the cosmetics. :)

Balasinde

I read about the Cosmetic Weapons and also the weekly adventures that will be coming soon, beginning in the Shire!

Lsuman
Council

Thread Revive Time! Been a while since I posted an outfit, but here it is! I call it Rohan Lord. I wanted an outfit that looked like it belonged in Rohan. This outfit is not a battle armor outfit, but a more casual look for the lord to go about his duties and still look great!

I'd love to know what you guys think! Balasinde, I appreciate your grading scale and would like to know what this one makes.

P.S. On the Blue Burg outfit, the backpack of gold is because he is a burglar. Any non-burg character is free to not a wear a bag of gold on their back.

Looks great Lsu!

Yes, that is a great combination of items, Lsu! And the shield looks great with it as well! So cool we can craft the outfit to include the weapon/shields too now.  Did you take the pics from the character panel to show them? 

Lsuman
Council

Yes, I take 3 screenshots of the character panel, cut out and pasted the different angles together in paint, then name the picture outfitRohanLord.jpg and stick it in my outfits folder. Makes it easy to organize and find for later!

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: