Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> Welcome Packs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I have bought something from the in-game LOTRO Store that I didn't need.
Something I bought from the in-game LOTRO Store I was confused about, but bought it anyway.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I bought something from the in-game LOTRO Store and wish I could return it for my Turbine Points.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I bought something from a Non-Player Character and it turned out to be something unhelpful, like a Skirmish item.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I collected resource items I didn't really need, such as Amethysts, attempted to sell them at the Auction House cheap, but no one did.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have a few characters and try to juggle resources between them based on their Crafting skills.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Balasinde

re: Has This Ever Happened To You?

I know this has happened to me probably more than once. The first time I complained and Turbine helped me out... basically telling me to "read the label before I bought."

Limmerien
Officer

Yeah that's always a tough lesson to learn isn't it? I once spend all my shards on this really cool relic for my legendary item, which was a great item and I like it, but I wasn't paying attention to how many shards it was, lol!

The first time it happened was when I bought "Class Points" (or something) without realizing that they weren't the same as "Virtue Points," or some sort of unlock. It seems that they did change that at some point (no pun unintended) where you unlock Virtue Slots after reaching gameplay levels. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it shows you how long I've played, haha.

Luckily when I contacted Turbine, I explained that I wasn't out to "get money" or shake anyone down. I mainly wanted to exchange my accidental purchase for my intended purchase. If I remember correctly, it helped that what I did want cost either the same or less Turbine Points. They did an even exchange and reminded to double-check in future.

Balasinde

But... the worst deal I made was trying to bleach my character's hair, hahaha. I was a Man from the former Principality of Cardolan (a little south of the Bree-lands), but I always wished my hair color in real life was platinum, like Marilyn Monroe had. I visited an in-game Barber who I think might work out of the Prancing Pony. There wasn't an option to color my hair the way I wanted. So I thought blond was only available to Men from the North, such as the Upper Anduin or West of the Sea of Rhun. Later the Northmen came to Calenardhon, an area of Gondor north of the Ered Nimrais (White Mountains). These Northmen were led by Eorl the Young, so they were named the Eorlingas. Later they became the Rohirrim and established the civilized nation of Rohan.

Then I visited a Skirmish merchant and he sold some sort of "blond product." So of course I bought it. You know, "Maybe she's born with it? Maybe it's Maybelline?" sort of thinking, only more like "Only my hairdresser knows." Nothing I did bleached my hair, though. My Class was a Captain, so I think the "bleaching agent" probably only worked on Noah, my little tag-along pal that loved to race into danger. I had to make him vanish about as often as I called him up to have a conversation. He had a really bad gambling problem and I'd notice he'd take Amethysts and Agates out of my bag. One time he stole the only Gold Bar I ever made, but he later told me that he saw it fall out of a hole in my bag but didn't say anything at the time because he thought I was "donating it to poor people." I said, "But there aren't any poor people living in the Old Forest." He shrugged and wouldn't talk to me for about an hour.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> Welcome Packs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: