Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> Welcome Packs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can you think up a name for King Elessar's grandson?
Could you think imaginatively about a name for King Elessar's grandson?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Are you fairly well-versed in the different languages used in Middle-Earth?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Should King Elessar's grandson repeat of someone else? If so, who?
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Balasinde

re: Can You Think Up Suitable Names?

In The Lord of the Rings novels, and perhaps the films as well, we discover that the only son of King Aragorn (II) Elessar and Queen Arwen Undomiel is named Eldarion. Robert Foster's Complete Guide to Middle-Earth (2001 Edition) has this information (on Page 141):

ELDARION (Quenya: 'of the Eldar'), born First Century of the Fourth Age. Dunadan, second King of the Reunited Kingdom (Fourth Age 120 - ?). He was the only son of Elessar [Aragorn] and Arwen.

I'm thinking of writing a short story concerning King Eldarion's son, but I don't have a name for him, for his wife, and for any children they might have. What people group would his wife be from? Would King Eldarion have more than one child?

What would his relationship be with the Dowager Queen Arwen Undomiel? In the film, Lord Elrond predicts that she will linger in Middle-Earth alone and in sorrow many years after King Elessar dies. Would her grandson seek her out?

I would prefer a name that sounds regal, not silly, and composed of high quality. Thanks!

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

re: Can You Think Up Suitable Names?

At the moment I can't think of a name. I would love to read it when you do write it!

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> Welcome Packs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: