Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMoody
Officer

re: Beorning: A furry captain?

Hey all. I started leveling a Beorning, whose name is FurryMoody. He is at level 11, so he is still wet behind his fuzzy little ears. My initial impression of the class is that it is a hybrid class that can tank, heal, and dps depending on what trait line you choose. To me, this sounds very familiar. My main is a Captain (and allow me a moment to toot my own rally horn, a pretty good Cappy at that). For those who have leveled a Beorning, is this an accurate assessment? What are the differences between the two? Thanks.

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Well, mine is only 39, so I can't say that I know a lot about it.  I do, however love the class. My cappie is 70 & I enjoy her too... although she gets little game time.

I have played the Beorn in all the lines.  It took me a little bit to get my mind thinking of having to get fury first...but that does come easier if you are used to playing a Champ. 

I don't know how close they are to a cappie as far as game play, but in that they can be great at any of the fields: healing, dps, tank... yep, that is true.

Aedo said he was doing crazy dps... easily as much as a champ or hunter... his is in the 90s or maybe 100 by now.

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Limmerien
Officer

Yeah, Aedo is 100, he'd be a great one for you to chat with if you catch him online sometime DM because his main is/was a cappy also :) I believe his beorning is named Beraedo? You can find him in the Hisway channel when he's on (as he's in another kin with that toon).

One of the things I am wanting to learn is from the dev's perspective. Where they wanting to add another tri-brid class (dps, heal, and tank) to give players another option or to "fix" the captain class. I might be rambling and making zero sense (that what forums are for, right). I really don't read the dev diarys so I don't know what their intentions/motivations were for the class. Thanks all
Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Haha :) Yep, that's what the forums are for. :) I don't read the dev posts often either....I just don't take the time for it. So, not sure of their intentions. I really didn't think the cappie class was broken myself, so I don't think that would have been an aim for them. Personally, when reading the Hobbit, I loved the Beorn character & kept hoping that they would implement the class. I like what they did with it too...but really thought that it was the something missing when playing lotro & reading the books. ... So now, maybe I am the one not making sense, but that's just what I thought of it. :D

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

DMoody
Officer

I don't think the Cappies are broken either...just different. the helms deep expansion really changed up the class. I think the became less of a jack of all trades class and more specialized depending on their trait line. And yes, the beornings were pretty awesome in the books.
Limmerien
Officer

I wish I had more time to play both these classes more, they are each interesting in their own ways!

Agreed, Limm. :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: