Recent Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reflections of the Light Forum Index -> LotRo Pic Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Limmerien
Officer

re: Costume Contest Pics - And Winner's Announced!

February 13th, 2015 was the Reflections of the Light Winter Costume Contest and Kin party/meeting.

We started the evening off in the kin house, with the usual opening of the chests, prayer, announcements and general chit-chat. Then we moved on to the Methel Stage in the Shire for the Costume Contest portion of the night. After that we went to my house to see my outfit that I planned to match with a yard item (hopefully someone took a screenshot of that?). Then we visited some homes owned by Cath, and then Anna's house. After the home tours we made Rebarty drink from this nasty keg and he ended up high on a cliff in Annuminas, where he summoned all of us to go to jump off a cliff. In classic Kinsanth form everyone died except for him. After that we did a quick turtle run in the depths of Moria before calling it a night. Guests of the party received a random stack of dye for future outfits, and the winners had mailed to them some special dyes (walnut brown and steel blue) as well as a cash prize of 5 gold each. In attendance were (I am SOO sorry if I forgot anyone, so much happening, lol): Curandil, Annadale, Joscelyn, Kinsanth, Olloryn, Rebarty, Rhodda, Tonno, Gylnne, Limmerien and meeting us after the contest for cliff jumping and turtle slaying was Rildenif. A great night of fun and fashion were had by all! :)

Here are the winners, I will post more pics of all the costumes in the next post. 

Ok, First category was Most Cheerful. And the winner is....

Most Cheerful 

Cath on his alt Tonno! It's a hobbit in a box! Just too funny and adorable. I like how his eyes are just barely peaking out over the top. Congrats Cath!

Ok, second category was Warmest. And the winner is...

Warmest

Rhodda with her fiery themed outfit! Complete with fire grim and scary fire dragon! I thought this was a clever interpretation of warmest. 

Next category is, Understated. And the winner is...

Understated

Curandil with his subtle nod to winter blues. I thought this best exemplified the idea of blending in where ever you are with just a touch of the winter season. It's subtly wintery. 

Ok, next category was matches house. Sadly, I was the only one who made an outfit that matched her house, and actually it was more like match an item in your yard, not so much the whole house, but also sadly I didn't get any screenshots of my own outfit, haha. That's ok though, because I was the contest judge so I was exempt from winning, haha! If anyone grabbed a good screenshot of me though standing next to Caerlog's arm (hope I spelled that right) then please post it, thanks!

Ok, and our final category was Matches horse. This was the toughest one to judge, because we had so many entries. But the winner is...

Matches Horse

Annadale! This one won out for me over the others because of how colorful it was, and I love how well she matched her dress to her horse, the purples and blues and yellows. Just a great match! 

Oh, and I made the winner pics squares in case anyone wants to use theirs as their avatar for the month or whatever. Feel free to do so. :)

Thanks to everyone who came, it was such a fun night! Please feel free to post some of your own screenshots from the evening in this thread as well. 

Also, I apologize that these screenshots are not super great, I had forgotten to turn my graphics up and they don't look the best, but hopefully you can still see the outfits. 

To see my screenshots from the contest at full size (and many of my other screenshots as well) check out this album I have on flickr: Limm's LotRO Screenshots

Last edited by Limmerien on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 7 times in total

Here are some of my screenshots from the costume contest. I tried to get a shot of everyone's outfit, but if I missed you or one of your outfits I apologize!

Curandil

Annadale

Joscelyn

Joscelyn

Joscelyn

Kinsanth

Kinsanth

Ollorin

Rebarty

Rhodda

Rhodda

Rhodda

Tonno

Tonno

Last edited by Limmerien on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

A few cliff jumping shots.

Last edited by Limmerien on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Very nice! Rebarty looks a lot like King Arthur from Monty Python and the Holy Grail on his horse.

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

Agreed Ed!

Congrats to all of the winners! :)

Limm thanks for the wonderful job running the contest.

...only 1 thing.... If I'm not mistaken, it's 2015 now.....

I was just looking at my pics... yours are much better, as all of mine turned out so dark that they are hard to see. I may try to get some of them lightened a bit & see if they look better.

I love the way that you made them square... they would make great avatars. :)

All things work together for good to them that love the Lord, -Rom 8:28

Limmerien
Officer

Ah man, I can't believe I made that mistake, haha! I will fix. Sorry everyone!

Don't be sorry.  We all do that & it made me smile. :

Limm matching the hand in her yard... & Gyl checking them out:

But wait... Limm matche more than 1 thing in her yard:  Limm... in my book, you totally won that contest! :P

Myladoc
Officer

Great contest, pics, and costumes all!  Congrats to the winners! Happy

Joscelyn Joy
Officer

I was hoping that this would lighten up after paint, but this shot is just epic Rhodda.

Limmerien
Officer

Nice shot Josc!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: